Saturday, November 28, 2015

celebrating simple


In years past, I have spent an enormous amount of time ironing tables clothes and napkins and setting an elaborate Thanksgiving table.  I buy the candles, even set them in the holders and place them around the table.  Somehow, I forget to light them.  But I am not sure anyone noticed.  There was plenty of conversation and laughter and our table decor was fun.  We covered the tables with brown paper and set out colored pencils.  I was happy to see the little drawings as I cleared away the dirty dishes.
I am celebrating and embracing a return to simple and a focus on what is most important this season.
Visit Ruth and find something to celebrate this weekend.

9 comments:

Sally said...

Frankly, I love both tables - my sister-in-law set her table for us with china, linens and lots of candles. But the idea of crayons and paper is fun, too! I'm getting ready to move into a new house that has a double-height dinning room space!! I am tucking your table celebration away for when I get to set the table in that space! Thanks for sharing!

Lori said...

What a fun idea!!

Gayle said...

Such a great idea - entertainment included with the meal! LOL

Linda B said...

Wonderful idea to hear about and to see, Julieann. I bet everyone at your table loved the drawing!

Maya Woodall said...

How much fun--colored pencils and paper for Thanksgiving.

Bernadette Laganella said...

What a treat at clean up time. I hope they wrote some fun notes to you.

karen said...

beautiful! I love this idea :) My gram had a table cloth out and a marker and everyone wrote something. She then would stitched every single word dot signature over the course of a year. :)

steph said...

I LOVE this.....and I'm going to do it for Christmas!!! What a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramona said...

Conversation, laughter, and fun all with colored pencils and brown paper. Wonderful idea! Embracing a return to simple is good to keep in mind as we approach December.