Sunday, October 11, 2015

some fast stitching turned slow

After a sewing afternoon with Jessica, I decided to machine piece the other three triangles for my center. 
EPIC FAIL!
I put them up on the wall, cut the setting pieces from my grey and palyed around for a bit - sure that I could make it work.  But this morning, I am rethinking this.  I would lose so much of the tip of each triangle and in the end, I would not be happy.
Kelly posted her paper piece prep on Instagram and wondered if that was "cheating".  Absolutely NOT!  Jen Kingwell hand pieces most of her quilts.  I think whatever works for each of us is what we need to do.  This afternoon I will be un-sewing and re-sewing these blocks. 
This one really qualifies for a Slow Stitching project!  Visit Kathy to see what others are slowly stitiching this week.

11 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point said...

It's going to be a very cool block! I agree--it's not cheating if it works--lol!

Kaja said...

I like how this is looking but it's definitely worth making sure you're happy with it at this stage; nothing worse than regretting something once it's too late to go back.

Frances said...

Like you say, whatever works for you. You need to get it square before you add on the next stages ... Don't ask me how I know!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

OH that is pretty but looks SO difficult! :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

This looks so difficult! Often hand piecing can make something easier! I have turned to paper piecing a time or two myself and I don't consider it cheating. What is important is making something that you are happy about.

Quilter Kathy said...

The unstitching will be boring, but the hand piecing will be fun fun fun!
Thanks for linking up and contributing to a wonderful Slow Sunday Stitching!

teacupsandstitches.com said...

The unsewing may be not be fun, but you would never be satisfied otherwise. You won't regret the extra time spent. It's an awesome block which is on my bucket list. Your choice of colors are very nice.

TakeMeThereTotes said...

I love this pattern. You are doing a great job in spite of this little bump in the road. We have to make it something we can live with. Fix it and keep on sewing. Have a great Wednesday!

Shasta Matova said...

This is a beautiful block already.I am sure it will be gorgeous when you are done with it.

Robin said...

Really pretty, nothing is cheating if it works for you. It's like a computer, there are 3 different ways to do the same thing. Liking all the different colors. Robin Hawkins www.heresmyhart.com

Lori said...

You need to be happy with it.