Sunday, October 18, 2015

slow quilting

Hand quilting is always a slow process for me.  But with the temperatures dropping and the rainy days ahead, it is time for hand quilting in the evenings.  I am going to try these sashiko needles with my pearle cotton.  I am not sure they are sharp enough but I have them so . . .
This week I had a lovely conversation with a parent at school.  Her third, and youngest, is currently in our preschool.  With the first two, she always seemed a bit frantic and rushed.  This year, she seems very settled.  I mentioned to her that she seemed to be having a calmer year and she agreed.  Her husband had noticed that she seemed happier too.  I asked what she was doing differntly and she told me that choosing an afternoon class gave her a simpler morning to get the older two off to the bus and now she has that time in the afternoon do errands or have time for things she has missed like reading or gardening.  She was learning to slow down.  That made my heart sing!

Be sure to visit Kathy to see the lovely, slow projects.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Lovely story. We all need to slow down.

Quilter Kathy said...

So happy to hear that slowing down story!
Enjoy your stitching!

Jennifer said...

A lesson we can all live by; slow down. Thank you and may the needles work out for you.

Jess said...

Yay for slow! I'm working to do yoga daily to help me start/end my day slowly. It's good to have inspiration :)

Lori said...

That is what we all need to do. I hope the needles work for your quilting.

Robin said...

Hand quilting is my favorite, I solve many problems while quietly quilting. I hadn't heard of those needles though, I will look them up just to know. Robin Hawkins www.heresmyhart.com