Saturday, October 3, 2015

Jen Kingwell QAL - October

We had a lovely trip to London and Dublin, beautiful weather, amazing food, and lots of theater.  We have been to London before and I do love that city.  It was our first trip to Dublin and I would love to return one day.  I had thought I would take some hand stitching along but in the end, it would not have been pulled out.  The flights are long but the seats are so close together.  There was barely room to pull out my Kindle for reading.
But now we are back and it is time to see how we are coming along with our Jen Kingwell quilts.  I will be off to visit all the quilt alongers this morning.  I have cut 12 of the 20 orange peel blocks and have put them in my sewing box next to the couch.  These will be fun with the bright colors.  I am planning to cut the rest of the triangles for my center blocks this afternoon and those will also be hand stitched.  Hope you are enjoying your stitching time.  Be sure to check in and see how everyone is progressing.  The links are on the sidebar.  And if I have not added you to that list, please let me know.  Lots of catching up to do after almost two weeks away.

6 comments:

Diane said...

I hope to get some photos of my applique progress as well. It is fun to slow down and just hand stitch sometimes. I'm finished with the orange peels but working away on the flower and vine border. Glad you had a good trip and got home safely!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I finally feel like life is slowing down so I can get started on this one!

Karen said...

I'm still working on mine. All those tiny little churn dash blocks. Goodness they are little but fun. Glad you had a great trip.

Lynn Koeppen said...

I have had good intentions but have to confess I haven't started yet. I need to get started. I guess I have been caught in indecision as I was thinking about doubling the size of my quilt to make it king size!

steph said...

i know what you mean about those long flights and close quarters. I did knit on a shawl, but coming home, I read (and read and read and read!!!!!) Glad your trip was wonderful!!! (our scotland outing was, too---I think we may have been gone about the same time; did we get LUCKY on the weather, or what?)

Lori said...

One of these days I'd love to visit Ireland!! I totally get what you mean about airplane space. I loved seeing your photos on Instagram.
The orange peel blocks look so bright and happy. Fun applique!