Saturday, October 24, 2015

celebrating those who inspire

I ordered a wrap around Sojourner by Retrowtures.  It holds my favorite sized Moleskines and Field notes notebooks.  I fell in love with the wrap around pocket but when I discovered that a portion of the sales go to support those who are doing mission work, I was sold.
My friend, Lori, is getting ready to depart on a trip to Bolivia.  She is taking 251 little dresses that were made by people all over the country (perhaps world?).  In addition to her lovely quilt inspiration, Lori helps us to find ways to lend a hand in service. Michelle and Karen inspire me to pause and pay attention with their thoughtful posts and photos.  (Michelle is hosting a week of Gratitude in November.  Check out the link on my sidebar.)
And then there are all the lovley writers who celebrate with Ruth each week. 
Life is very full and very good.


5 comments:

Mandy said...

I enjoyed reading about those who inspire you. Inspiration is needed on our journey of life. Your wrap around pocket looks very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Bernadette Laganella said...

Celebrating those who inspire you in a wonderful idea.

Carol Varsalona said...

Thank you for sharing the information about Gratitude Week. Your celebrations this week are filled with good cheer.

Linda Baie said...

Wow, 251 little dresses from so many is a treasure your friend is taking. Those who do so much for others are to be celebrated, & I'm glad that you shared this with us.

Crystal Brunelle said...

Thanks for sharing about these people who inspire you. :)