Wednesday, September 9, 2015

yarns and books

This yarn is not yet on the needles because the first clue to the project doesn't get published until tomorrow.  I must have picked up a dozen skeins and put them down and picked them up again before I finally chose these two yarns.  The pattern is Summertide, a mystery knit along with Helen Stewart.  I am excited and a wee bit nervous to see the pattern emerge over the next four weeks.
And as my yarn is not on my needles, there is not a book on my lap right now either.  I have a few things I am reading for work but I am ready for a simple read to take me through the next month as school gets back into gear.  I have Me Before You and Raven Black on my Kindle - hoping one will catch my attention.

8 comments:

deborah said...

What a fun idea!

Have fun "solving" the mystery knit and watching it emerge!

Donna said...

That sounds like fun. I can't wait to see the first completed clue.

Lori said...

How fun! A knitting mystery:)I'm reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and am loving it.

Sarah said...

I knit a Helen Stewart pattern recently and loved it. I hope you have a lot of fun! I'm sure that yarn is delightful, although I've never used Tern but all the Quince I have used is beautiful.

Jennie in GA said...

Lovely yarn. I am a bit nervous about the MKAL, but am planning to give it a go.

Lucy Bowen said...

Love those colours, I do love a good mystery!

Pam said...

This sounds like fun - even though I'm not a knitter! I l-o-v-e-d Me Before You!

karen said...

I love tern so very much as a yarn to knit with. It's spring wins me over and it feels so nice to wear :)