Friday, September 11, 2015

summer is fading away

Summer is not over yet.  At least the weather still feels like summer.  The Summertide Mystery Knit Along is a last goodbye to lovely, long summer days and the first clue has been published.  I know I have said this before but I really enjoy Helen's patterns.  She uses a grid with a line for every row.  This allows you to check your stitch count on a regular basis (in case a stitch has been added or dropped) and see your progress in percentages.  I find this to be a great way to read a pattern.
As I cast on and began knitting, I realized that my first color is so similar to our freshly painted deck.  There is a hint of grey that I find very calming.
There has been a fair amount of fiber in my week.  I am almost finished with my black and orange print dress and I did the applique center for my Midnight quilt.  And I am excited that a few more quilters are joining us on the Jen Kingwell Quilt Along.
But for now, I am going to get back to this lovely yarn and pattern.

1 comment:

karen said...

love that the color you are knitting matches your deck :) I also love the spot you picked to do your knitting, looks calm and serene!