Sunday, September 13, 2015

slow stitching

I am slowly stitching away on my Jen Kingwell quilt and happy to see that others are joining in the fun.
I put the triangles aside to applique the center block.  I love appliqueing circles!  That was not always the case but over the years, it has become one of my favorite shapes.
I need to get back to those triangles but I am also excited to start stitching the orange peel blocks.  It has been too long since I had some applique blocks in my lap.
This project will likely take me many months to complete but I am not going to hurry the process.
Visit Kathy to see what others are slowly stitching today.

10 comments:

Angie said...

So much fun to see everyone's Jen Kingwell progress! Love the bright pink print in your applique circle.

Karen said...

Just appliquéd my circles last night ☺️.

Janan Doster said...

I love the choices of your scrappy fabrics!

Stephie said...

I'm going to have to check out this Jen Kingwell quilt - your appliqué is very inspiring! Hope you're having a lovely day :)

Lisa J. said...

I love that colourful circle on the text background.

Diane said...

Love your fabric choices, that pink is so cheerful!

sewkalico said...

I love a bit of handwork, yours look very interesting.

Karen said...

I like your background fabric.

Kaja said...

Great fabric choices for this block! I can see this will be a slow project but it will be fun watching it grow.

Lynn Koeppen said...

Nice, I love the text background fabric? are you going to use it for the whole quilt?