Monday, September 14, 2015

Monday words

I heard Emily Freeman on a podcast recently (thanks to the recommendation of my daughter).  She was talking about her new book, Simply Tuesday: small moment living in a fast moving world.
Of course I clicked over to Amazon to get a bit more information and downloaded a sample from the book on my Kindle.  This quote jumped out at me.  I guess I am going through a reflective season but this message keeps coming to me - stop looking for the bright lights and fireworks.  Embrace the medium light.
Having lost mom just four months ago and having two friends who are walking a similar journey, I don't want to forget this - the medium, ordinary, yet amazingly wonderful moments of a regular day.
What words are you claiming this Monday?

2 comments:

Jennie in GA said...

This is where my family is as we walk through life with SIL's brain cancer diagnosis. The ordinary can be quite extraordinary.

karen said...

Whenever I have a challenging day, I think of those nothing days that I didn't savor. Now when I have a nothing day I bank them up in my memory for whatever challenges occur.