Monday, September 7, 2015

Monday words




First, this post got my attention.
Then I saw this.
And then there was this on Instagram.

 And I knew I wanted to try something new, pairing words and pictures and getting back to Monday mindfulness.

When we first installed the clothesline, it was a whim.  I knew it would take longer, slow down the laundry process.  But it is just the two of us and we don't need to wash and dry every day.  I fell in love with hanging my wash on the line.  It could not be rushed.  It felt like going back in time a bit.  And there was that amazing scent as I fluffed and folded the dry laundry.
Busy-ness can be a badge I wear like a blinder.  There are times when I use it as an excuse when an simple NO would be more honest.  It can be a pit that I fall into, woe is me, so very busy.  As we launch a new school year, I know there will be days, even weeks, when the calendar boxes are full.  But I want very much to take those days as they come, not as an indicator of anything more than a very full life.  And on those days when the little box is empty, I want to celebrate.

What word is filling your mind and heart on this beautiful Monday?

5 comments:

Lori said...

I'm claiming the word peaceful today. It is so nice to have an extra day off and I want to enjoy it as much as possible.

Quilter Kathy said...

Absolutely! True!

karen said...

love this post, I try to celebrate the simpleness of everyday events. I think it comes with aging!

Jennie in GA said...

Lovely, thoughtful post. Intentional comes to mind for me....

audrey said...

What a great (and timely) post. I often forget that it's me that puts me in the position of being 'too busy'. Must. Slow. Down....