Saturday, September 5, 2015

Jen Kingwell Quilt Along - lots of links!

The day has come to check in with our Quilt Along gang.  I was going to do a link-up but truth be told, I have not figured it out yet.  Instead, I am going to link to each of the quilters who have said they want to participate.  Please go and visit and leave a comment (and if you wanted to join up but I don't have you listed on the side bar, please get in touch).  A few words of encouragement go a long way!
I have one of my background fabrics, the grey with dots.  I would like to get a grey plaid but haven't hunted too much yet.  But this will be great for the center.  I have one set of triangles sewn and will get the rest cut today. 
Jessica is also stitching triangles.  She did her first section on the machine - brave girl.
Lynn is waiting for fabric to arrive.  She is also making the Midnight quilt and considering making it larger - another brave step!
Take me There is working on the butterflies from the Quilt Lovely book.  She is making great progress.
Mary is working on Daisy Do blocks.
Jennie has a lot of lovely works in progress.  I believe she is planning to make a Quilt Lovely pattern too.
And Nicolette might be the inspiration for this quilt along.  I saw her beautiful Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt this summer and could not stop browsing for Jen Kingwell patterns.
Now, for some more inspiration!
This blogger was working on the Midnight quilts two years ago.  I love her center block.
And I found another quilt along that happened a few years ago.  This post has some great ideas about choosing fabrics.
And finally, I had originally thought of joining this Quilt Along but decided the Midnight quilt was a better choice for me.  The group has had some great posts about choosing fabrics and piecing ideas.
If you are wondering what this is all about, read this post.  We are not on a set schedule and would love to have you join us. 
Happy stitching!

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

So much wonderfulness to see... hope to get around to visit everyone!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I have this pattern and just might have to join in!

Diane said...

I posted my progress today at http://www.butterflythreadsquilting.com/2015/09/midnight-at-oasis-quilt-along.html?showComment=1441888843709#c1443396944044335176
I'm enjoying this quilt so much!!!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I just dug out my pattern and now am picking out fabrics....you and Diane are a good/bad influence!

Janan Doster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janan Doster said...

I would like to be included too!
I just bought Jens book, Quilt Lovely, and plan to work on "Daisy Do".

Visit my blog and link to me at:
www.vintagebloomsquiltdesigns.blogspot.com