Friday, September 18, 2015

I should be packing but . . .

I have a finished object for a Friday Fiber post!  Earlier this week, I realized I had a chance of finishing my Guernsey wrap in time to take it on our trip.  I really enjoyed this pattern and I really, really wanted to have it on the plane.  So I pushed myself a bit, got up early to get in a bit of knitting before work and this afternoon, I was binding off and blocking.  This pattern calls for blocking wires but I don't have those so I laid it out on the carpet and pinned it down.  It looks like it is about 74" long and 17 inches wide which is just about the same as the pattern predicts.  I used a fingering yarn instead of a worsted so my wrap is not as heavy and the texture is a bit lighter but I really love it.  A project off the needles means I really need to buy some yarn when I am in London!

6 comments:

Pam said...

Lovely!!!

Lynn Koeppen said...

Its beautiful! Great job! Yes, buy some yarn in London!

karen said...

so very beautiful and done in time :)

Jess said...

It's beautiful! I can't wait to hear how it worked on your travels :)

Jennie in GA said...

Gorgeous. I had looked the pattern up, but was put off by the wool yarn. Yours is great, and much more sensible I think.

Kaja said...

This is lovely - yet again I wish I could knit! Have a great time in London - we're having a bit of an Indian summer right now so let's hope it lasts for you.