Friday, September 25, 2015

Fiber Friday

When I was cleaning and purging this summer, I found a number of projects all cut and bagged up.  One large baggie held a stack of small squares and orange peel shapes.  They are cut from my Civil War fabrics so they won't work for my Midnight quilt but they will be fun to stitch over the winter.  A perfect little hand stitiching project.  The pattern in the baggie is from Kathleen Tracy.
And speaking of my Midnight quilt, I heard Jen Kingwell on another podcast.  She was talking about the pace of hand stitiching and how it allows her to really savor the process.  "It's like a giant exhale when I sit down to stitch".  I think that is such a lovely thought!
I hope this Friday finds you with fun weekend plans and a lovely little project to help you slow down and savor the process.

4 comments:

audrey said...

Oh yes, so very true. Sometimes it takes me a half hour or so to totally relax into my stitching, but it always works.:)

Jennie in GA said...

Sweet little project. Orange peels are on my to do list.

Janan Doster said...

I think the hand stitching is a great way to slow down and take some time out of our busy lives for ourselves!

Kaja said...

I'm always on the lookout for slow stitching quotes and this is a really good one - thanks for sharing it.