Saturday, September 12, 2015

celebrate

This was an especially busy week.  I tried to remember Ruth's words and refused to be hurried along.  There is much to be learned in the process.  Too often I let myself move too fast and I wonder what lessons I miss. 
Yesterday afternoon found me alone in my office without anything on my schedule.  I savored those few hours of quiet and slowly sorted through papers and files that have been neglected.  Bit by bit, I accomplished much without feeling hurried.  When I was finished, I changed my shoes and went for a walk.  I won't lie.  I wanted to run.  But I knew it would inflame my injured heel so I slowed down again.
What did I learn?  A mile is a mile.  A clean desk is a clean desk.  It doesn't matter if it takes 15 mintues or half an hour.  I am the one holding the stop watch.  Yesterday, I turned it off.

Visit Ruth to see what others are celebrating this week.

8 comments:

Margaret Simon said...

This seems to be a mantra today, "Slow down." It's necessary for our sanity to set a slower pace. Love the shadow picture.

Lori said...

No matter if we are busy or not it is important to be present in the moment (s). :)

Bernadette Laganella said...

Remember the old song, "slow down you're moving to fast", I think most of us need to whistle this on a daily basis to remind ourselves.

Kaja said...

I liked this post - a wise thought for this time of year when life seems to move up a gear. I hope your injured heel is recovering.

Linda Baie said...

I think I'll print & post "A mile is a mile" by my desk, Juliann. It will remind me, too. Glad you are taking care!

Carol Varsalona said...

Your take away is priceless. I too listened well to Ruth.

Teresa said...

God postost, thanks for the reminder. I have been retired 4 months now and am just now getting into the slow down mode.

Teresa said...

That is supposed to read "good post" and I corrected it twice, haha.