Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sundays are for stitching

This was not slow stitching but it sure was fun.  I have 16 blocks and that was my goal.  Today I am planning to get the rows sewn together and then I will set it aside while I baste a quilt for hand quilting.  I have two quilts in mind.  One is my Birdsong which has been languishing for too long.  The other would be one of my smaller wall quilts.  Either way, I need to get the fabric mess from my rail fence blocks cleaned up before I can use my table to baste.
We are a go on the Jen Kingwell quilt along.  I had a lovely email from Jen with her approval to use her name and a blog button is in the works.  I will get back this week with a more detailed post about the quilt along so stay tuned.
Be sure to visit Kathy to see what everyone is stiching on the fine Sunday.

6 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love your rail fence blocks--I have had a Fractured quilt on my bucket list forever!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Great quilt you got going there! Love the colors!

carol fun said...

Great looking quilt! Love the fabrics and the colors... I made one similar to this but gave it away...may need to make one for me! happy stitching!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I love the blend of colors in this :)

Quilter Kathy said...

This is fabulous! Looks like something I would love to hand quilt!
Enjoy your stitching!

Mary Burns said...

Beautiful...love your colors. Hugs. Mary😊