Sunday, August 16, 2015

one for hand quilting


I finally decided which quilt to tackle next.  It was a tough choice because I have three tops ready to be quilted.  But this one is so fun.  The pattern was a gift from my blog friend, Lynn.  The pattern is a Jan Patek and was show in reds and black.  But I found this fun stripe fabric and just knew I wanted a more pastel version.  It is about 62", almost square and I will hand quilt with Pearle cotton.  I trimmed up the edges and pressed it this morning and hope to get it basted the weekend.  The weather has cooled just enough to imagine holding a quilt on my lap in the evenings.
And, if you missed my invitation, I am hosting a Jen Kingwell Quilt Along.  We will be a small group with an easy going schedule.  Let me know if you want to join in.
Be sure to visit Kathy and see what others are slow stiching this week.

12 comments:

Lori said...

I always loved your quilt with the stripes. Should be a fun one to quilt.

Karen said...

I like the stripes, especially the color. I have a quilt top made with this pattern. A different colorway.

gretchenscorner said...

Very pretty, really like the stripes. Looking at the picture just made me smile.

TakeMeThereTotes said...

Darling Quilt!

Quilter Kathy said...

This will be such great fun to quilt! Can't wait to see what you do!
I would love to join in the quilt along, but can I start another long term project???!?
I love Jen's designs... every single one!

Sarah said...

Lovely. Quilt. Have fun quilting it!

Jennie in GA said...

Hmmmmm...I started this quilt years ago. Always lived it. Don't know why it is lurking in my UFO pile. Yours is lovely. Congrats for working on it.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

There is nothing more fun than quilting an appliqued quilt! Looks wonderful can't wait to see how the quilting will bring it alive!

VG Ein said...

nice job on fabric choices. looking forward to seeing the end result

dutchcomfort said...

Such a lovely quilt, those stripes work miracle!

Kaja said...

This looks very pretty; I like your stripy background fabric a lot, and hand quilting with perle will be perfect.

Lynn Koeppen said...

I love how this quilt sparkles. Hand quilting with perle cotton will be beautiful!