Friday, August 7, 2015

fiber Friday

My too short summer break is winding down but it has been very productive. 
I took the applique off the border of a quilt I made about 5-6 years ago.  Loved the blocks and fabrics but went wonky on the applique and it just didn't fit.  Now I am hoping to get this pin basted and have it to machine quilt over the next month (I even know where the backing and binding are for this one!)
I finished machine quilting three small quilts.  They don't have destinations but I am happy to have them finished.
I found some blocks from a little swap I did with the theme Ketchup, Mustard, and Mayo.  I pieced a small top, added a border, made a backing and binding and it too will be machine quilted.  I am pretty sure this will be a donation quilt.
I finished my Pebble Beach shawl and have cast on a wrap.
I made three little dresses for Lori to take to Bolivia.
I made 9 of 16 rail fence blocks from the book, Cultural Fusion.

Not pictured is my ZigZag quilt and let's not forget the #greatsummerpurge which I know is a big part of my renewed creative enthusiasm.
I also finished a number of books and did some other crafty stuff but that is for another day.
Happy last Friday of summer break.

2 comments:

audrey said...

It sounds like you've been very productive! That's a lot of work being done.:)

Lori said...

Amazing and productive summer! Sorry it is coming to an end so quickly.