Saturday, August 29, 2015

celebrating green juice

I would like to say that it is the hustle-bustle of the new school year but the truth is, I have not been eating well for months.  I had a week here and there but not much consistency.  This morning I pulled out my juicer and some greens (I buy them, I just don't eat them) and made a large batch of apple, kale, and fennel juice.  I put two jars in the freezer and have one to drink today.
This afternoon I will sit down and get some meal planning done BEFORE we go to the grocery store (such a concept!).  Next week I have some long days with in-service and meetings so it is time to get back on track and feed my body well.

Today the juice is green, tomorrow will be a batch of lovely orange juice (apple, carrot, celery, and ginger).

Feed you body well and visit Ruth to see what others are celebrating this weekend.

9 comments:

Lynn Koeppen said...

Great idea to freeze! The green juice looks yummy!

Anne Bennett said...

I make green juice, too. I've never thought of making and then freezing it. My recipe is apple, kale, parsley, cilantro, lemon, and ginger. Yum. How much fennel do you put in?

Lori said...

I joined a group this month for accountability and am back it strong with some tangible goals. Good for you for doing the planning. You know that is the best way.

Linda Baie said...

It is good to do, and must help the running energy, too, right? I don't do juices like that very well, but do the veggies & fruits other times. Thank goodness I like them! Enjoy the week with all your new plans, Juliann!

Tara Smith said...

Yum! I must try this.

Jess said...

I have some similar goals! I froze my justice in their silicone ice cube trays so they popped right out. Now I can add them to a smoothie or put some In a jar and they thaw by mid morning for a cold refreshing beverage. Can't wait to try the ginger juice you mention!

Julieanne said...

Good for you! Keeping up the good foods regimen is tough once the school year starts. So smart to make and freeze.

Bernadette Laganella said...

You need to nurture yourself in order to nurture others. Glad you took the tie to prepare yourself the healthy green drink.

karen said...

yum yum! I love that you are centered back to you and your health!