Saturday, August 22, 2015

celebrating great ideas!

These first weeks back to school (before the children come and all the summer work has yet to be completed) are always filled with so many things to do and I am easily distracted.  So a list is the only way I can keep on track.  This week I was given a brilliant idea for tracking tasks and I am so excited to use it.  I wrote each task on a post it note and lined them up on my desk.  Each note contains the task and a step or two needed to make it happen.  When I am finished with the task, I get to crumple it up and toss it in the garbage - sounds very rewarding.  I hope to have my desk cleared by the middle of next week.
Be sure to celebrate the simple and ordinary each week and visit Ruth to see what others are celebrating.

6 comments:

Bernadette Laganella said...

Juliann, Great idea but don't pile stuff on top of the post its - which is what I would probably do. I, too, do like that feeling of satisfaction when you get to crumble the list and put it in the trash.

Ms. Terje said...

Post-its instead of to-do-list is my style of keeping track of tasks. My postits aren't as neatly organized as yours. Crumpling up post its feels great.

Sarah Wilson said...

I love the idea! I feel like it might be more rewarding than a list in a notebook (which is what I am doing!) Good luck on the crumpling!

Michele Knott said...

I have a list. And I get immense satisfaction when I get to scribble something off the list.

Ramona said...

I identify with your words, "I am easily distracted." Love this new strategy that involves crumpling up completed jobs. Thanks for the great idea. Best of luck as you get ready for a new school year and wind up some of those at home to-do tasks as well.

Lori said...

I hope your notes are GONE! I'm a huge list maker.