Wednesday, August 19, 2015

books, coffee, and yarn - brilliant!

In my attempt to fit a bit of creativity into each day, I have been working on two knitting projects.  The first is a lovely grey wrap by Jared Flood.
It is interesting enough to keep my attention yet simple enough to work on while we watch TV. 
I have a few books going but this one is really wonderful.  It reads like poetry.  I am going to hear the author speak in October.  I am also listening to The Sparrow in my car.  I got to hear Mary Doria Russell talk about her newest book this summer and it made me want to revisit her first book.
And of course there is coffee, always coffee!
What are you reading, drinking, knitting or stitching?
Be sure to visit Ginny for more great books and knitting!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I'm almost finished with The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. One of the better books I've read lately!

Jess said...

I'm enjoying book 1 of the Maisie Dobbs series. Very well written, almost lyrical. And I need to work more on my shawl that coordinates with your wrap. I'm digging the chart process now :)

karen said...

gray is one of my favorite colors ever! and I do like knitting his patterns :)