Wednesday, July 22, 2015

yarn, books, and distractions

Perhaps distractions should go first in the blog post title.  After a few days of cleaning and purging, I am feeling a bit like, what next?  I will admit that I have not gotten far in this book or on this shawl.  But I am hoping not to push either one and just enjoy them.
My head and heart keep wandering as I think and pray about a season of struggle and loss going on in the lives of a number of my friends.
This has certainly been an interesting year.  One that reminds me of a quote from Zora Neale Hurston. "There are years that ask questions, and years that answer."
Be sure to take a look at what others are reading and knitting this week.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

sorry for your friends going through rough spots...prayer is always the balm. :)

Such a calm gray colorway you're working with; your shawl is going to be lovely.

Happy knitting from Lisa in SW WA

karen said...

love the color and I'm sorry your friends are having some trying periods, such is life I guess but makes us sad anyways.

Jess said...

I love that quote. Can't wait to hear about that book!

bookworm-Mary said...

I can totally relate to your feeling!! Great quote, too!

Lynn Koeppen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn Koeppen said...

I'm anxious to start this book but have a huge pile and this isn't close to the top yet! I'm thinking about getting a new paperwhite kindle. They are so small and lightweight, so would not be too heavy for my backpack. Thinking!