Sunday, July 5, 2015

slow stitching - the binding edition

I was able to get the machine quilting finished on two small quilts last week.  This morning, before the upstairs got too hot, I cut and ironed the binding for both quilts and will get that sewn on today.  Then I will have some lovely, slow stitching to take out to the shady deck when the temps climb back up this afternoon.
When I was upstairs, I dumped out a bunch of bins in search of fabric for a low volume quilt.  I began a nice little pile and found a few other treasures that I had forgotten.  I brought those downstairs too, trying to avoid going upstairs as much as possible.
Our forecast has this hot weather sticking around for awhile so I am off to the kitchen to do some meal planning and prep.  I am even considering plugging my crock pot into the outlet on the deck!

Enjoy your Sunday and visit Kathy to see what others are slow stitching today.

2 comments:

Lori said...

The crockpot outside sounds like a great idea! Our temps are supposed to be cooling later in the week to mid-80s! That ought to feel great.

Stephie said...

Can't imagine that sort of heat! I hope you enjoyed some stitching in the shade :)