Friday, July 3, 2015

leaning into summer

It has been a good week - maybe too hot but you don't want to hear about that.  I am going to bring my sewing machine downstairs today so I can get some quilting done.  I have two tops, backing, and batting ready to go.  I have also been bookmarking some lovely, low-volume quilts so I am going to grab my box of light backgrounds and see what comes from that. 
Today is the first day I don't have to go into school.  I got out for an early run - trying to make sure I go a bit slower to accomodate for the heat.  This morning the temps went up 7 degrees in the first 20 minutes of my run.
Last month I took a break from a few social media rabbit holes - Pinterest and Twitter.  I have been dabbling with Pinterest again but now I think I will take a Facebook break.  I rarely post anything there so maybe just a weekly check in to see what my quilting friends are making.
Instagram is my app of choice.  I do enjoy the inspiration, creativity, and sharing that shows up in my feed.  I love how Lori gives a weekly snapshot of her feed so here is a bit of my week.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm home form work this afternoon and am hoping to sit at my machine and take a few stitches as well.