Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday finish

I finished binding the little monkey quilt this morning and have moved on to the churn dash.  It has been hard to sit for long with a quilt on my lap and I considered machine stitching the binding for a brief moment.  I believe I tried it one other time and could not get the stitches where I wanted them so after asking a friend or two (who had also not had positive outcomes) I decided to do the binding by hand.  This morning was a bit cooler so I took my coffee and sewing box outside and finished it up. 
I also uncovered another set of blocks that I made with some friends a few years ago.  We each made sets and swapped.  The color theme was mustard, mayo, ketchup, and pickles.  I made a few more this week and now have enough to do another small quilt.  I already have some great fabric for the border, binding, and backing so another win for the stash reduction game.
While I was sailing around Instagram and blogland this morning, I came upon Jen Kingwell's beautiful quilts.  I bought her book, Quilt Lovely, but had forgotten about it.  With all these finishes, I am thinking I might allow myself a new start with one of her patterns.
Stay tuned for some finished quilt photos in a few days and enjoy your weekend.

2 comments:

wakeupandwrite said...

I like Jen Kingswell's stuff too - I look forward to seeing your next project whatever it is! I came home from Alaska with some fabric and laser cut salmon which I'm trying to figure out how to use. My sketch pad is full of ideas but still thinking.

Lynn Koeppen said...

DOn't ou love planning a new project?