Friday, July 31, 2015

fiber friday

It has been a wild week around here.  The painters have finally finished their work and all the windows are not plastic free.  We didn't have rain for months but within 24 hours of having our whole house taped and prepped for painting, the skies opened up and it poured for 2 days!  Go figure. 
There was plenty of fiber in my life this week.  With the cooler days, I was able to get some serious sewing done and my zig zag top is ready for basting.  Just deciding if I will hand quilt or machine quilt.  I am leaning toward hand quilting because the fabrics are so fun. 
On Wednesday, I headed north with my daughter to visit a quilt shop, a yarn shop, and the La Connor Quilt and Textile Museum.  It was a lovely day.  I did buy a bit of fabric, mostly backgrounds to supplement my stash.  I also happened upson two quilts that I really want to make in the Spring Issue of Quiltmania.  There is a lovely applique quilt and even though I don't really need to start another applique project, I would love to make it.  The other quilt is a Jen Kingwell quilt called My Small World.
Another project with lots of bits and pieces, wonderful houses, and an arrow!  How fun.  And because I have been purging my stash and have a very good idea of what fabrics are in those boxes now, I know this would be a great project for stash diving.

One more week before my official return to work.  Just enough time to get myself into a new project.

Happy Friday.

6 comments:

Lori said...

New projects are always fun! Darn rain!!

audrey said...

I've been seeing 'My Small World' on the occasional blog. It looks like a wonderful quilt!

Lynn Koeppen said...

It sounds like a fun week.

Next time you need rain just plan some painting! LOL What color did you paint the house? Pictures?
I love Quiltmania! That quilt is awesome! It looks like it could easily be a block of the month quilt!

dutchcomfort said...

Good luck with your Small World quilt!! I’ve made some of the sky parts, but I’m tangled in the Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt now!

Beatrice said...

Hello, if you want to do My Small World, be aware that there are corrections/errata available on the Quiltmania website. You might also want to check out this link:
http://verykerryberry.blogspot.fr/p/my-small-world-qal.html
about a sew along on several blogs a few months ago.
There was also a quilter making a bigger version here:
http://lifeinlists.typepad.com/blog/2015/05/my-small-world-qal-on-your-marks-get-set-go.html
and another making thequilt her own here (she included a sun in the sky):
http://amaidenhairfern.blogspot.fr/2015/07/my-little-world-top-complete.html
Good luck with the project! It's going to look awesome!

Mary Burns said...

I have that magazine too isn't that neighborhood so adorable. Love your blog hugs, mary