Saturday, July 4, 2015

celebrating inspiration


To beat the heat, I brought my sewing machine downstairs, turned on a big fan, and got a bit of stitching done.
Today I am celebrating the gifts of inspiration that are so generously offered.  Have you ever thought about that?  So many who take the time to write lovely posts filled with pictures and ideas.  I love to make things but I need this inspiration and direction.  And then there are those who are supporters and encouragers, the people who take the time to leave a comment or point us in a new direction.  Every time I think about giving up my blog, I find a new reason to keep going.  This week I want to share just a few places that I visit often.

Jesscreating is one of those creative souls.  She takes an idea and runs with it.  I especially appreciate here grasp of all things digital.

I have recently discovered Stone Soup for Five - probably when I was browsing the inter-webs because it was too hot to do anything else.  I signed up for her email list and just started the Ephesians Journal and Doodle study she has offered.

I discovered Kaja's beautiful work because she left a comment on my blog.  I love what she is doing with little squares and scraps.

I can't remember when I discovered Karen's blog but we keep bumping into one another in writing groups and yarn alongs - a kindred spirit who is in the midst of wedding planning and fluffing up her empty nest.  She reads wonderful books, knits lovely things, and takes beautiful pictures.

Finally, there is Ruth and her posse of readers, writers, teachers, seekers, women of faith and commitment.  It is a good week when I can link up a celebration with Ruth.

8 comments:

Jess said...

Thanks for the mention abd for always leaving a comment :) Looking forward to browsing these other blogs!

Rdgtchr said...

I love your post and celebration of inspiration and am poking around on links now. Thank you!

Linda Baie said...

It's always nice to hear what you're doing, Juliann. I love al these links for creating. Have a wonderful weekend!

Lori said...

I'm always happy to see and find new blogs. Have a wonderful day!

audrey said...

What a lovely post! Lots to think about.:)

Ramona said...

Love being a part of Ruth's posse, and knowing that you're in my part of the world where it is far too hot for early July! Hoping for some rain clouds on our horizon.

karen said...

I wish I could remember how we "met"! I love that we keep bumping into each other at instagram, here and in ecourses, we have a lot in common. Us creatives have to stick together.

Kaja said...

Thanks for the mention! I'll enjoy exploring the other links here. This post is a great reminder too of the way we are all connected through our blogging.