Wednesday, July 15, 2015

books, yarn, and on the needles

I am in the midst of a big organizing project at work and by the time I get home, I am tired and sore from my head to my toes.  So a bit of simple knitting has been a wonderful evening activity.  What I want to be knitting is a lovely Featherweight Cardigan.  But my sweater knitting confidence is somewhat low so I cast on a sweet baby sweater from Tin Can Knits.  I don't have a baby for this sweater but I wanted to have a non-shawl project that I was pretty sure I could complete before casting on the Featherweight.  I am about 2" from finishing the body of this little sweater using yarn from my stash (yarn that started out as a large shawl until I realized I only had 5 skeins and needed 6).  It is looking very purple in the picture but it is a subtle shift of blues and greys, more like denim.  I think I will be able to get the sleeves started tonight which will be a way of practicing knitting on double pointed needles.  And then, perhaps I will be ready to cast on the Featherweight by the weekend?

I am in between books.  I just picked up At the Water's Edge (audio book) and I need to look at my Goodreads list to see what my next novel might be.  Or perhaps I will find my next read at Ginny's today.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Love the blue yarn you are using!

Martina said...

I'm working on the featherweight cardigan at the moment too - can't wait ot see yours once you cast on :)

steph said...

i loved making the featherweight cardi....great choice for a beginner sweater; very straight forward!

the bible journaling class (without the Bible!) was a local offering. I sort of dropped down a rabbit hole when I saw your documented faith button!!! Must spend more time there. (i'm a newbie to this bible crafting!)

karen said...

I'm seriously considering a third feather weight but probably after the wedding. I'm swamped with "stuff". Lovely color and I hope your work organizing slows down!!