Monday, June 29, 2015

maybe it was the frog, maybe it was the heat . . .

or maybe a bit of each.  Whatever switched on the motivation switch, I am happy to have some finished objects to share.

This lovely little quilt, about 36x45, had been languishing on a shelf for at least 10 years.  I made the wonky bull's eye circles as a test for a going off to college quilt.  (I ended up using black backgrounds for that one.)  I had planned to applique some big, wonky flowers but in the end, I decided it was fun just as it is.  This was the first project I worked on at quilt retreat.  I got as far as hand stitching the binding but I did not have good light so I brought it home and set it on the end table.  Yesterday I sat on the deck and took advantage of the light to get the binding stitched up.  Not sure where this will end up but it is finished.


I have been following some very creative journal keepers on Instagram and many of them use a Midori Traveler's journal.  I do like the look of these journals and the fact that they hold different notebooks.  But I am pretty invested in my Moleskine journals.  After a bit of research, I realized that my journals would not fit in the Midori cover so the only thing to do was to make my own cover.  I found a few tutorials for DIY journal covers online (you can find tutorials for just about anything these days) and in about an hour, I had my journal cover completed.  I was able to use up come lovely fabric from my stash and (after I took the pictures) found some Sue Spargo ribbon to jazz it up a bit.  My cover holds three-four Moleskines which is perfect!

And just to add a bit more color to this post, how about a Green Smoothie Challenge?  I am signed up for Jen and Jadah's challenge that begins July 1.  I have done this before and it is a great way to accumulate new smoothie recipes.  Visit the Green Smoothie Challenge website to sign up for weekly shopping lists and recipes.  And let me know if you are participating.  P.S. the challenge is FREE!

5 comments:

Kaja said...

Well that's a frog it was well worth eating. I like your finished quilt a lot!

karen said...

look at you go! you are really making progress and I love that quilt, beautiful!

momto5 said...

that quilt is wonderful!!

Lori said...

Looks like a fun quilt!! I may be in for the challenge. It was fun before to try new smoothie recipes.

CAESAR SHOP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.