Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Books and Yarn

Summer is prime reading time for me.  I opened this book on Friday morning and was immediately drawn into the story.  I love the characters, the setting, the writing, and the lovely, short chapters.  I have quite a stack of books that I am planning to read this summer - sitting the deck with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine by my side.
My current knitting is not very interesting.  I got frustrated with too many unfinished projects, put aside without making a note on the pattern so I was completely lost when I picked them up again.  So I did a bit of un-knitting and cast on a simple black hat that I had promised to knit last winter.  Once I am finished with this, I hope to cast on one of the many shawl patterns in my queue.

Visit Ginny's blog to find out what others are reading and knitting this week.


7 comments:

Melissa Marie said...

I love the book All the Light We Cannot See! Such a great story, I hope you enjoy it. Your hat sounds lovely. :)

Lori said...

I am about 2/3's the way with the book and am still loving it. I'm always saddened reading about the horrific war though.

Donna said...

I love to read in the summer too. I haven't gotten around to doing much of it lately though. That darn un-knitting is not so fun.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I read that one! It was interesting to see how it all come together, I enjoyed it.

Lynn Koeppen said...

I too have a big pile of summer reading! The pile will last more than the summer, I'm sure of that! LOL

Beth Coleman said...

Loved that book!

karen said...

you are the second person I know reading this book, that is on my list of wishful reading!