Wednesday, April 8, 2015

tools of the trade - quilting

Some of my quilting tools - love my Clover chalk marker!
It is spring break and I want very much to begin a new project.  I have been reading about the lovely blocks Lori and Karen are making and I have the one of the books they are using.  And then there are the lovely stars being made each week on Barbara Brackman's Civil War Quilts site.  This would be a great way to use some of my Civil war fabrics and I love making star blocks.
But I am resisting the temptation to begin a new project.  Instead, I have have pulled out my quilting tools and will mark and finish the machine quilting on the border of my Christmas Stars quilt.  It shouldn't take long.  I hope to get the binding on this afternoon.  That will keep me company for some evening TV viewing over the next few days. 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That needle threader is awesome! Can't wait to see the quilting design.

Lori said...

Good for you for staying focused!