Saturday, April 25, 2015

celebrating life

It was a wild week.  Lots of suprises and bumps in the road.  But today is my birthday.  I am celebrating my 60th year and there is much good to celebrate.
Today I celebrate:
  • a husband who loves me and makes me laugh
  • daughters who come quietly alongside
  • running (and my running buddy)
  • a sister who has been by my side 
  • a father who loves my mom so dearly and isn't afraid to be vulnerable in front of us
  • a mom, who in the midst of a very confusing day, looked at me with a hint of recognition and love
  • friends who lift us up in prayer
  • and an evening that promises good food and drinks!

11 comments:

Gayle said...

Glad you have so much to celebrate on this milestone birthday. I turned 60 in January and it's been great!

Julieanne said...

Happy Birthday! What wonderful things you have to celebrate. So much love surrounds you :)

Pam said...

Happy Birthday!! I'll admit that turning 50 was a rough patch for me. Your post makes me look hopefully forward. :)

LInda Baie said...

Happy Birthday, Julieann. I'm happy that you have such a wonderful list.

Lori said...

I can't say it enough! Happy happy Birthday to a very special woman!

darlynn said...

Happy 60th-61st year! may joys abound

Lynn Koeppen said...

Happy birthday! It sounds as though your day was great and that you may be stretching your birthday out to include a whole weekend of fun!

I wish you a great year ahead, filled with wonder, adventure, and fulfillment!

karen said...

happy birthday sweetie! Sounds like you had an awesome birthday and you were celebrated by those you love :)

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Happy BIrthday! I love how you focused on the positive, I need to remember that.....1 1/2 years and I will reach that next decade too!

Dondi Murdock said...

Sixty only gets better! I'm 67 and I know old age will get worse, but right now it's so wonderful. I love, love, love being retired. I just wonder like everyone else how I had time to work. Well, it's because the house and garden didn't look so great. I couldn't sew quilts then. I love your great list of gratitude! May each day find you grateful for even more of the fabulous little things that make our lives so full.

Kurt Schindler said...


Will be celebrating my 70th this year. Oh boy!!!

Hope you had a wonderful birthday and that the upcoming year is especially great.

Charlotte S.