Friday, March 6, 2015

springing forward

A true finish - quilted, bound, washed, and already used as a layer of warmth for the couch.  I just love this quilt.  The large flower blocks are from Sue Spargo and Jan Patek patterns.  The pie cicles were inspired by a very large quilt I saw online.  I stitched them 6 years ago while I sat in the hospital after mom had back surgery.  That was a wild few months that really drew her deeper into her memory loss.  The churn dash and hour glass blocks were left overs from other projects.  The backing was pieced from my stash - so happy to be using up some fabric.
Here we are, Friday again.  The sun is out.  The weather is just beautiful and my sewing table is clean and ready for some new fiber fun.
Happy weekend - don't forget to set you clocks ahead!

4 comments:

Lori said...

it is very lovely. Maybe it took so long to get back to them because of the memory of your mom's surgery and decline. I noticed you wrote church dash- that's my typing trick too- head and fingers not working together.

Diane said...

And a beautiful finish it is! I really love the combination and setting you chose for these blocks. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Jennie in GA said...

Love it when you are able to use up those blicks set aside long ago. You did a great job.

darlynn said...

you did a lovely job~ like the pink background fabric you used