Monday, March 2, 2015

on my sewing table

This morning, my sewing table is empty because I finished my quilt (hope to get a photo this afternoon) and two hats over the weekend.  I am itching to cast on my orange sweater (I had to un-knit this one and haven't picked it up again).  And I have also been thinking a lot about sewing clothing.  There is a skirt that I would love to add to my wardrobe and a lovely little dress pattern that I have my eye on. 
This weekend I found two places for inspirtation that will likely clutter my sewing table up.
Fringe Association - this is where I found the Audrey Hat pattern that I finished last week.  I love the idea of having a sleeveless tunic dress to wear under sweaters.
100 Acts of Sewing - the makers of that lovely tunic pattern.  Imagine sewing 100 dresses in a year.  Do you remember that book by Lois Lowry?  I would be happy with two dresses and a new skirt.
Oh yes, I also saw that March is National Crafting Month.  So let's get crafty!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Yay! For finished projects and lofty goals!

Pam said...

Oh, the Hundred Dresses book! Read it with my kids and cried like a baby--Twice!! Wonderful book!

Lynn Koeppen said...

I dream of the day I'll have an empty sewing table and can ponder what to start next! LOL
No, really I just would like it to be a bit cleaner looking!
I stand by the motto, "so any projects, so little time!"

karen said...

yay for finishing and yay for starting new projects! Sewing clothes must go faster than quilts but then again I'm guessing. Good luck on your sweater.