Friday, March 13, 2015

I need ideas

I made this little quilt a few years ago after seeing a quilt at the antique quilt booth in Sisters.  That summer, I was just getting to know Lori.  We met up over the weekend but I didn't see her at the show.  When I got home and started making this little quilt, I discovered that Lori and her friends had visited the book and were going to make cheddar bow ties.  Great minds you know!
I am trying to decide how to quilt my bow ties.  I will hand quilt and was thinking about just diagonal lines but maybe a pattern in the border.  What about color?  White, cream, yellow, blue?  So many options.
I was able to trace my pattern and prewash the fabric for my dress this week.  This afternoon I spent some time digging out my sewing room closet (and found this quilt).  I also had a coffee and knitting date with my daughters this morning.
Happy Weekend!


2 comments:

Lori said...

I just moved my little quilt off my sewing room floor! I need to quilt mine as well.

Pam said...

Adorable quilt!!!! Sorry, I don't have any ideas at the moment....just wanted to cheer you on with it. so cute!!