Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Everything but the thread

Yesterday Lori wrote about orphan blocks which led me to dig around for a quilt top.  I made a few large applique blocks inspired by Jan Patek and Sue Spargo.  I added some circles and pieced blocks that were leftovers or made to try out a fabric or pattern.  Add to that enough fabric for a backing, an unused roll of batting, and a full box of basting pins.  The only thing I don't have to make this happen is thread and that can easily be picked up this week.  Stay tuned.
Now I am off to get a new pair of running shoes and visit mom.  The sun is shing so we shroud have a lovely walk.

3 comments:

audrey said...

Sounds like some good progress! Can't wait to see the entire quilt.:)

Lori said...

Looking forward to the reveal!

Robin said...

That block looks very pretty and is intriguing because you are not showing it all. I will be anxious to see the rest.