Thursday, January 1, 2015

welcome to the new year

Some people say that how you spend the first day of the new year will set the tone for the next 364 days. 
If that is true - 2015 is going to be a wonderful year. 
I started the day by sipping coffee and finishing the binding on the top quilt (the 9 patch was finished yesterday**). 
I spent time with my parents.
Did a bit of knitting.
Visited a bookstore.
Drank some lovely tea.
Listened to a podcast.
Sorted through more of my paper stash.

Now I am going to do some yoga (a run would have made the day perfect but I chose to visit mom and dad which meant I missed that window).

Then we will have a simple, healthy dinner with lots of veggies, watch a bit of TV, do a bit of reading, and some more knitting.

Hope your new year is off to a good start.

**These quilts will be delivered to some of the women living with their children in cars this winter.  I only wish I had 10 more to donate.

4 comments:

Jess said...

I cooked, baked, cleaned, played, walked, laughed, knitted, read and didn't panic when the car died. Seems like I'm also off to a good start!

karen said...

happy new year! I started yesterday by packing away the decorations and casting on a new project. Loved every moment :)

Lori said...

Great first day of the year!

audrey said...

Love that first quilt especially! I hope the rest of my year doesn't follow the 1st day's pattern. I slept in entirely too much seeing as how I got to bed late staying up celebrating.:)