Thursday, January 15, 2015

Taking aim at finishing

I know that a lot of people don't like to make resolutions or join challenges but the accountability factor works pretty well for me (except MyFitnessPal - I just can't seem to get in the groove with that one).  So when I discovered the 2015 Finish Along, I decided to jump in.  I have plenty of possible projects but for the first quarter, I am aiming at finishing three.
1.  The grey basket quilt needs the flowers embroidered and then it will be a fun big stitch project.
2.  My Sue Spargo inspired quilt is one border short of being a quilt top and will be machine quilted.
3.  My Ashby Shawl is part of a knit along with no end date but I would love to have it finished before spring.
4.  I am adding my orange prayer quilt from my previous post - a bit of applique and then some surface embellishment before quilting with Pearle cotton thread.

So there we go - my Q1 list for the Finish Along.  I hope I have made this manageable because it would be great to start the year off with some lovely finishes.

5 comments:

Karen said...

The basket quilt looks good. Doesn't look like you have far to go.

Lori said...

I love setting goals and reaching them. It works or me! I think you can do this!
As far as Fitness pal, you had a very long streak last year.... I know you can do it if you set your mind to it.

audrey said...

I always have a list of projects I'm working on, things I want to concentrate on at the moment. Your quilts look wonderful. I've always really loved the basket one particularly.:)

dutchcomfort said...

Love your Sue Spargo inspired quilt, because I love birds!!
Good luck finishing your projects!

Robin said...

I love your style of quilts, thats why I was drawn to your blog. Do you make up your own patterns, because often I like to do that. I will stop back by and see what you are making. I liked your post about pulling out the quilt that you had started 3 1/2 years ago. I certainly could relate to that. I enjoy embroidery very much also and adding it to my quilts. Thanks for the inspiration.