Sunday, January 11, 2015

slow stitching

Shortly after my post last Saturday, I began to feel a bit punky and by Sunday, I realized that I had finally caught the cold that has been tossed around.  So my first week back to work was a blur of hot tea, warm soup, naps, and cold medicine.  It was a packed week at work, first week of enrollment for the next school year, so lots of things I could not cancel. 
By yesterday afternoon, I was feeling so much better, even got in a run which is very good news.
As I was puttering in my sewing room yesterday, I found parts of this project.  I believe it was started about 3 1/2 years ago at my summer quilt retreat.  The squares were meant to be a border for an applique center that never really came together.  When I pulled them out yesterday, I remembered how much I loved these fabrics and I could not let them go.  Two things came to mind.  1) this piece needed some circles and 2) this would be a wonderful base for some embroidery, big stitch quilting, and perhaps some surface embellishments.  I began to cut circles and immediately knew this would be my new stitched prayers quilt.  This morning I added a few more potential  half circles and see the the spotted one at the bottom needs to be moved to the right side.  I am thinking some variegated pearle cotton in shades of orange and some word beads.  This is going to be a lovely slow stitching project.

Be sure to visit Kathy to see what other slow stitching is happening today.

8 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

The circles are definitely the right call! I love how modern this looks. Good for you for working on a UFO!

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh this will be a really fun slow stitching project! So glad you are feeling better and can enjoy your stitching today!

Kaja said...

I love the way the circles break up all that straight piecing. This will make a lovely base for your stitching.

Suzanne said...

I love when one project becomes a different creation. The circles were a great addition.

Lori said...

Lovely and liberated. Glad you are feeling better. My ankle is all swollen again. :(

CathieJ said...

Those are great fabrics. Enjoy revisiting this quilt project.

karen said...

sorry to read that you caught the cold but so happy that you are feeling better :) Lovely stitching!!

audrey said...

Your circles are so fun looking!