Saturday, January 3, 2015

Celebrate #1

Hello 2015!  I hope we will all have many reasons to celebrate this year.  I have plans that I am holding loosely - I learned my lesson with 2014. 
Here are some of the things I hope to be celebrating:.  
This year I want to stretch myself and learn something new.  I want to read more about justice and faith.  I want to try new things like knitting from a chart.  I want to learn some new embroidery stitches and finish my Imperial Blooms quilt.  I want to declutter and donate so that my home is not filled with stuff that we don't love or use.  I am going to run another half marathon with Lori and ride my bike more often.  I want to write and read what others have written.
What are you celebrating as the new year begins?  Visit Ruth to share your celebrations today.









6 comments:

LInda Baie said...

I believe I am invigorated when I learn new things, Juliann-love that goal of yours! Glad to hear your running is still going strong. Best wishes for the half-marathon! And Happy 2015!

Leigh Anne Eck said...

It sounds like 2015 will be full of celebrations for you. I can't wait to read all about them. Happy weekend to you!

Lori said...

I want to look for opportunities that stretch me and my abilities. We can go day to day so insulated and "busy" that we don't see things and people in need right in front of us.

Terje said...

You have made a lovely list of things to try, to learn, to do. We have full twelve months, 365 days to fill. I hope that some unexpected opportunities will present themselves besides your plans.

Carol Varsalona said...

Juliann, your list of goals sound like ones for #Nerdlution15. I tried decluttering last year (wrote about it at beyondliteracylink.com) and only got halfway through the mess. Discarding items that are not important to me but may be useful to others is helpful. The local homeless shelter is very grateful for my gently used items that "clutter" my house. If you like to write you may be interested in my invitation to the Winter Whisperings Gallery (http://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2015/01/ringing-in-new-year-with-look-back-and.html). Peace to you.

karen said...

I hope you achieve all of your goals! You will love chart reading once you get the hang of it :)