Sunday, December 21, 2014

slow stitching on a Sunday (and beyond!)

I am officially on Christmas break.  Yesterday was a lovely beginning and I am anticipating many stitching opportunities over the next two weeks. 
I basted another Bible block and worked on that while we continued to watch the Lord of the Rings movies.  I am looking forward to seeing The Hobbit later this week.  And I have just one more section of my Cascadia little quilt to stitch this afternoon.  I would love to be able to share a photo for Lori's reveal link-up this week.
I am beginning to think about the new year.  When I was wandering through blogs recently, I came upon the Craftsy website again.  I have pretty much avoided this site but I saw that they are having a big sale and there is this lovely Sue Spargo class that is calling my name.  Sue comes to the Seattle area occasionally to teach but the classes are multiple days and hundreds of dollars and I have not been able to make it work.  But this looks like something I can manage.  And I have a lovely box of wool and loads of embroidery threads so there you have it.  Some of my slow stitching in 2015 will involve this class.  I would love to hear if you have taken a Craftsy class. 
Linking up with Kathy and friends today.

6 comments:

Lori said...

I looked at the Craftsy classes and avoided temptation! lol

Sarah said...

I looked at the class and didn't avoid temptation!! I'm really looking forward to getting started but must finish my Art Journal first!!!

MJinMichigan said...

I'm a big fan of Sue Spargo's work. I have taken several classes from her and also her Craftsy class. The Craftsy class is like having a one on one class with Sue with the advantage of being able to rewind and watch her stitch over and over. You will love it and learn so much!

Lynn Koeppen said...

I have taken several Craftsy classes! I enjoy them. I can run them on my iPad and have it in my quilting room if I'm working along with the class.

I have been doing more hand work these days! It's been fun to get back into it!

Enjoy your well deserved vacation! PS> watch the mail tomorrow!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I haven't take a Craftsy class but I HAVE take a Sue class!!! SHe is just so creative and inspiring. I did her 2014 wool block of the month and have learned so much!!

Quilter Kathy said...

I haven't taken a Craftsy class but have taken other on line classes and enjoyed them.
Have a great holiday!