Sunday, November 23, 2014

Slow Stitching

Another week filled with busy-ness and reasons to slow down - if just for a few minutes.
I have a binding to finish stitching tonight.
I have been making good progress on my shawl and have cast on a cowl that I hope will be a gift.
I also received a lovely little packet of wool squares and have been dreaming about what I might do with them.  They are cut into 3" squares and there are 48.  I saw a lovely idea on Nancy's blog.  And Sue Spargo inspires me too.  These would be a lovely way to dig into that stitches book I have.  Just need to see if I have a piece of fabric for the backing.  I see some serious slow stitching in my future.


Linking up with Kathy and others who are taking some slow stitches this weekend.

6 comments:

Lisa J. said...

Those are lovely woollen squares. Great inspiration at the links as well. Isn't dreaming about a project fun!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Nothing better than wool! A penny mat would be a perfect project!

Sarah said...

Nice wool squares. Thanks for the links. I'm loving the sue spargo threads, books etc!

Kaja said...

Lovely wool and very interesting links, thanks. Hope you find the perfect project to use your squares - enjoy the slow stitching.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Gorgeous wool! The right project will come along.

Quilter Kathy said...

There are some great ideas for free wool projects/designs over at the Raspberry Rabbits blog too. Have fun playing!