Sunday, November 9, 2014

Slow stitching Sunday

I have been quilting away on my prayer pockets this week.  I am using a pearle thread that matches the background so I am getting texture without adding color.  And I am loving it.  As my stitches move around the pockets, I remember - choosing the patches, stitching them, the prayers held tightly inside.  This has been a very therapeutic project.
I have also been working on my chevron blanket.  I can only do a few rows before my fingers begin to cramp.  So I keep it in a basket by the couch.  Last night I sat with my knitting on my lap, imagining how lovely it will be to snuggle under on a cold night this winter.
And when my fingers need a break, I pick up a lovely quilt book.  I can revisit this Gees Bend book over and over and find something new each time. 
Kathy has written a lovely post about slowing down, avoid the drive to multi-task, and enjoying our handwork.  Be sure to visit her today.

5 comments:

Christine Feldstein said...

Pretty projects you are working on Juliann!

Lori said...

Love your prayer pocket project!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Very nice to have a choice of projects to work on!

cajunquilter said...

Thanks for stopping by! I knit also and usually have a knitting and a hand applique or quilting project near the couch for watching tv. I also go back and forth as my hands need a break.

Quilter Kathy said...

A perfectly wonderful combination!