Monday, November 17, 2014

Move More Monday - Soup time

I spent a morning this weekend making soup for my freezer.  I was surprised to see that we were down to just a few jars.  I made two soups - both a lovely orange.
First up was my Carrot Ginger which I have shared before.  Then I tried a new recipe from my favorite local store - PCC.  I have taken some wonderful classes at PCC and they have a great online data base with loads of great recipes.  This one is a Butternut Squash and Tomato soup.  The house smelled lovely as the soups simmered away on the stove and now my freezer is once again filled with easy to grab jars of soup for my lunch.
It has been very cold - at least for us.  I have had to wear wool socks and two shirts for my runs but I am not complaining because the sun has been shining and the sky is so blue.  I am happy we have not had any rain or we would certainly also have snow. 
The last few years, I have participated in Cathy Zielske's Move More Eat Well class.  I was looking back at the monthly pages I have made and getting some new motivation to finish the year strong.  I have fallen off the healthy eating wagon a bit lately but with my soup in the fridge and a new week beginning, I am re-energized.  Just gotta keep moving!  The Holiday Sweat Challenge begins in less than two weeks!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

It's cold here in Maryland too! Definately soup weather....I got the most beautiful kale at the farmers market so I made a big pot of Tuscan kale and bean soup..delicious! Next up, acorn squash and apple soup.