Monday, November 3, 2014

how do you choose?

Little Porch Time - done with Lori as a quilt along
I have a few quilt tops that are so close to being done.  But I stall out when I think about what will happen when they are indeed finished tops.  I imagine myself pin basting and machine quilting these tops but after pulling the machine quilting out of one top this summer, I know this is not likely.  I would love to have these quilts finished and bound and warming us at night.
So my question today:
How did you choose a machine quilter? 
I leave just outside Seattle and would love to find someone local.  I might try the quilt shop down the hill.  But the last time I went in, there was quite a long list of quilters and I have no idea how one would choose.
I would love to hear you ideas.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Get that list, and talk to them and see there work. That's the only way to be confident you won't be wasting your hard earned money.

Quilter Kathy said...

I asked around at my quilt guild, researched websites on line, and saw finished quilts at shows that tell the quilters name. Then visit the quilters you are drawn to and ask good questions!

Kurt Schindler said...


Sometimes quilt shops have examples of the work of long arm quilters. Or ask your friends who they have quilt their tops.

Charlotte