Saturday, November 29, 2014

celebrating

After a week that was too full and a To Do list that never seems to end, I am celebrating a Saturday morning with nothing to do, nowhere to go, no one waiting on me. 
I started the morning with a bit of paper puttering, setting up an albums for 2015 that will hold my OLW and MoveMoreEatWell pages.  Then I got back to my Cascadia pieces.  I am almost finished with one of the on point sections (after making a few mistakes) and will likely finish this top up this afternoon.

We had a dusting of snow - not enough to make a mess - and it is going to stay very cold today but I am planning to get out for a run and then a yoga video.  And perhaps there will be time for reading or knitting or just sitting and thinking.  Such a restorative kind of day.  Perfect for celebrating along with Ruth and friends.

6 comments:

Tara Smith said...

We need a restorative day just like the one you describe - enjoy it!

Terje said...

I think it is important to have slow weekends to balance the busy weeks. We had a soft snowfall today. I felt dreamy walking in the white.

Amy Rudd said...

I like the idea of balance in the restorative sort of day. We've had one of those days here. It's nice to just chill sometimes!

Holly Mueller said...

Oooh - your Saturday sounds wonderful!! We had a pretty good snow a couple weeks ago, and I'm ready for another one! :-)

Lori said...

I hope your day ended up that way. After church I plan on relaxing today. It has been awhile....

LInda Baie said...

I'm jealous of your day, but I enjoyed mine too with family-just busy. Happy you had the time to mess about with your art-always so refreshing.