Sunday, October 5, 2014

slow stitching

I have been doing a lot of knitting, trying to keep up with a knit along for a lovely shawl.  But this weekend I got ahead of the schedule and my elbow was getting a bit tired (a sure sign of too much knitting) so I pulled out my prayer pocket piece that I have been working on for at least 5 years.  I started it a few years after mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's.  I am using a cotton kitchen towel for the background and I have a variety of patches stitched on top.  Under each patch is a piece of muslin with a memory or prayer written in ink.  The patches and prayers came one at a time.  Now I am hand stitching on top of each patch and when that is finished, I will add batting and backing a hand stitch the whole piece.  I have been influenced by this lovely blog.
Today I am linking up with Kathy and other quilters who are taking time for slow stitching.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a lovely and thoughtful project. Thank you for sharing with us!

CathieJ said...

That is a great project. I am looking forward to seeing more of it.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a wonderful idea! I imagine it will be a very emotional project to stitch. Or maybe it's peaceful?
Thanks for linking up today!

Lori said...

What a healing type of project. I like it a lot.