Sunday, October 19, 2014

slow stitching Sunday

It seems my thoughts on slowing down have resonated with many of you.  I have enjoyed your comments and email.  Jane mentioned how the habit of tea can be a built in slow-down mechanism.  But in true American go, go, go fashion, we have this machine at work that requires only a pod of tea and the push of a button and you have a cup of tea in no time at all.  My Scottish grandmother would cringe!  I do believe I need to be more intentional about my daily tea, get out my good teacups, and enjoy that lovely process.
I finished the patches on my prayer pocket quilt this week and got it basted.  I am going to enjoy the quilting on this one.  Every time I look at the patches, I am reminded of a friend or family member who has walked this journey with me.

I am joining a lovely group of slow stitching bloggers at Kathy's today. 

6 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Such a lovely project! I love stitching with my tea at my side--I'm afraid I don't have a ritual--just a sachet in my Tervis cup and microwaved filtered water--my bad!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I never want tea until the weather gets cold then I love some ( decaf ) in the afternoon. Just a teabag and regular cup, though.

I enjoyed your grandmother / knitting post as well :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I think what a scam when it comes to the new pod type coffee/tea makers. I really enjoy brewing my tea in my little pot and get a thrill every time I pour into the cup.

CathieJ said...

I like to brew a pot of flavored tea each afternoon. Sitting and sipping it centers me. Enjoy your stitching.

Lisa J. said...

I'm another stitcher with tea by my side. I would like to know what a prayer pocket quilt is. I've never heard of one.

Quilter Kathy said...

Ah yes.... a lovely hot tea with some hand stitching... sounds like the perfect day!