Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October!

It doesn't look like much hanging on the line but I love this dress!  I have used this pattern before but this time I made it just about knee length and added patch pockets on the side seams.  The fabric hangs beautifully and it feels lovely to wear.  I have paired it with two different sweaters, leggings, and flats.  I know it will be wonderful with my winter boots too.
This dress has me thinking about simplifying my wardrobe.  I am contemplating making another version in something brown.  And then I found this -
Project 333 - simple is the new black!  Love this idea.  I am planning to simplify my closet this weekend and develop my own fall wardrobe based on these ideas.  If you find yourself staring at your clothes each morning, take a look at the website.  Of course I am not going to include my workout clothes in the wardrobe revision - after all, a girl needs to have choices when she is going out for a run!


4 comments:

Lynn Koeppen said...

Nice! I cleaned out my closet over the summer! I'm trying to downsize throughout my life!

Lori said...

I'm not a clothes shopper (unless its workout gear!) and have eliminated so much from my "wardrobe" the past few years and try and use a mix and match approach with the same 4-5 basic colors.

karen said...

that is one cute dress! My mom used to sew clothes for me and I loved that. I tend to buy neutral clothes and add a splash of color with my shawls or cowls.

barbara woods said...

ho do i follow your blog?