Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My green season


Another Wednesday - another link to Ginny's Yarn along.
And I am noticing a color pattern in my knitting.  Everything seems to be green!  Maybe I am in a green season.  
This week I am starting a blanket to use up some soft yarn from my stash.  I made a shawl from this yarn but as I neared the end, I realized it was a bit heavier than I wanted so I un-knit and put it away.  I have about 800 yards so it should make a nice little blanket, recipient unknown which is tricky.  I am more likely to finish if I know where it is going.  
I have been listening to Devotion by Dani Shapiro after finishing The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood.  And yesterday I picked up this book, Lila by Marilynne Robinson.  It is the story of the young wife from one of her earlier books, Gilead, another good read.
It would be lovely knitting and reading on this dark, wet day but I am off to day long work session so my book and yarn will have to simmer.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I hope you can get back to your knitting and reading soon.

DesertSnowdrop said...

I am a fan of green too! Something so soothing about it. Excited to see the finished blanket.