Monday, October 20, 2014

Monday, monday

I finished my first Moda Building Block.  This one is 36"!  I was thinking of doing a two color version but when I pulled out a box this weekend, I found some lovely red, green, and cheddar fabrics so that might be my color combo.  I also pieced 16 blocks using my 9 patches.  I may need to make a few more to get a nice sized quilt.  I am linking my design wall up with Judy today - hoping to keep this sewing mojo moving forward.

Today is Monday and I won't have much time for stitching the next few days but I will be thinking of quilts and yarn and creative diversions.

Don't forget to visit Lynn and Paula today to read the Around the World Blog Hop posts. And thanks for all the lovely comments and email the last few days.  Enjoy your week!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Cite block! Not much better than red, green and cheddar quilts!

Linda O said...

Pretty block! Can't go wrong with red/green/cheddar either! I love the size perspective between the Building Block and the little 9Patches!

Lynn Koeppen said...

Nice! Did you get the fan deck of block patterns to start this project? My Utah quilting group is thinking of this quilt for 2015's project.

Bonnie said...

Great looking block. And it's 36". Did I read that wrong? What are you planning to do with it?

antique quilter said...

oh RG and cheddar perfect combination! go for it! love the peek of the nine patches too :)
keep going
Kathie